Friday, 28 September 2012

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes

I'm not going to do any kind of review on this Benefit palette because I'm pretty sure everyone will know what the colours and products are like, but I just wanted to show you how I wear mine and where I put the colours.

Benefit big beautiful eyes

This is what the palette looks like as you will probably know. The lightest shade is really popular with my bridal clients so you can see I have hit pan on that colour, which is kind of annoying because I have been sitting on the fence as to whether or not I buy another palette yet when I still have so much of the other 2 shades left. I don't use the boi-ing concealer because I find it way to dark for my skin and I prefer my other concealers like kyrolan or make-up forever for my clients.

Daytime make-up

Here is the finished look, nice and natural and office friendly.

Light brown eyeshadow

Here's how I did it:


Natural eye make-up

I used the lightest shade all over my eyelid, then the middle shade above my crease, I keep my eye open when doing this so I am putting the contour above my natural crease therefore making my eyelid appear larger. Then I use a tiny bit of the dark brown at a time and blow or tap the excess off the brush and keep blending it in and build it up slowly. Follow the old saying it's easier to add more than take away. I then use the flat angled liner brush to work a little of the dark brown into my lashline and under my lower lashes.

Little tip for you, if you have really fair eyelashes like me then mascara on your lower lashline can look too heavy and unnatural, and make you look a bit like you have a spider on your face. But if you want them to look darker in colour without the added thickness mascara gives, then put the flat liner brush into a tiny bit of mascara off of the wand and gently paint the lashes with it. It means that you are not coating the lashes all the way round so not adding thickness to them, you are just giving them some colour so it looks much more natural.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, let me know what you think! : )





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them