Thursday, 27 September 2012

Simple Nail Art Tutorial

I have been playing around with the OPI Skyfall mini's, and decided to do a really simple nail art using 3 out of the 4 colours in the set.

You will need

nail art tools, stories of an english rose

2 nail colours of your choice and a striper, or 3 nail colours and a striping brush, and a dotting tool. I have here live and let die, and the spy who loved me, but I also used a tiny splash of goldeneye as well, and NSI Stripe Rite in shade 1035

live and let die polish, Michelle Bowers, stories of an english rose

Step one, apply a base coat if you like, then using the darkest colour (live and let die) do a v shaped french manicure by starting mid way down your nail and angling the brush towards the center of the free edge, and doing the same on the other side.

nailart, Michelle Bowers, stories of an english rose

Then with your striping brush make three lines fanning from the same base point, I bend my fingers and turn my hand towards me to do stripes facing this way. I personally find it easier than trying to flick the brush towards myself.

nail art, Michelle Bowers, stories of an english rose

Using a dotting tool dip it into your 3rd colour choice (mine was the spy who loved me) starting from the base of your lines put your first dot, then carry on placing dots in a curved line downwards towards your nail bed.

skyfall live and let die, Michelle Bowers, stories of an english rose

Don't stress about being too neat, it doesn't have to be perfect. The lines don't all have to be the exact same size or length. At this point using my dotting tool I took a tiny bit of goldeneye and smudged it over the first red dot and just around the base of the stripes to add a little bit of sparkle. Any glitter polish would work, so pick your favourite.

Then when it's all dry, I use a clear topcoat over the entire nail. Try not to skip this step as you will be surprised at the difference it makes to the overall look of your design. A top coat makes the colours appear a lot brighter.

skyfall minis, Michelle Bowers, stories of an english rose

The finished look, I hope you like it!

This is the first time I have used the skyfall colours so it doesn't really show you how pretty they are. I will do another post with the colours painted over the entire nail another time. I really love live and let die though, it is a beautiful deep green with gold flecks and is perfect for Christmas time, so no doubt you will see a lot of it in the coming months!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them