Sunday, 9 September 2012

The Inside Scoop

Amy Beckwith
Photography by Lauren Brockes

Amy is an 18 year old model hailing from Brighton in Sussex, I have been fortunate enough to work with her, as you would have read in my previous posts. Amy has been kind enough to give us a sneeky peek into her life and current interests. 

How did you get into modelling?

I was quite lucky getting into modelling, because of my style and hair I have a unique look which has made it a lot easier standing out from the crowd and getting noticed. I first started doing modelling for a local alternative shop in Brighton around the age of 15 and even some of my pictures ended up in SuperSuper magazine and everything has escalated since then. 

What's your favourite thing about being a model?

What I love about modelling is meeting all sorts of amazing people and going to places that you haven't been before. I also love the confidence boost that it gives me and I have all ways been quite shy and insecure within myself, but modelling makes me feel better because it helps me realise that people appreciate the way I look even if I don't.



What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading the millennium trilogy by Steig Larson also known to most people as The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo books. I decided to read the books after falling in love with the films and wanting to get more of an in depth look into the whole story. But because of my problems with reading I find it hard to follow a story in a book but to help me I got the unabridged audio book so I can listen to someone reading it to me while I follow along, this has really helped me a lot and would definitely recommend this to people that want to read but find it hard.

What's on your ipod at the moment?

My Ipod is built up of literally 75% of my favourite artist, Chris Corner who was in a 90's trip hop band called the Sneaker Pimps and now follows his own solo project called IAMX which is a mixture of Dance music, electric rock and some other softer songs. The other 25% of my Ipod is a wide range of stuff for example Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, Kasabian, The Black Keys, David Bowie, The Beatles, Fatboy Slim, Moby, Mika, Savage Garden, Imogen Heap and the Pokemon Theme Tune when I need a bit of cheering up.


What is your all time favourite beauty product?

Eyeliner has to be my favourite beauty product I don't go out without having at least some eye liner on and it's so versatile! There's so many shapes and patterns you can create on your eyes and they all give you a totally different look. 


Sweet or savoury?

Savoury for sure, I haven't really got a sweet tooth and very rarely eat sweets of have a dessert. 


What's your favourite coffee?

I'm not really a coffee drinker but if I do have a coffee I would normally choose something quite weak or a mocha. 


Who is your fashion/beauty icon?

I don't really have one, I just pick the things I like from the internet and shops and wear what I want. I really think people should try and get away from dressing in what's in fashion or what they have seen on others and celebrities and instead just dress in what you feel comfortable in and what suits you and your style.


What are you currently saving for?

I don't really save for anything in particular I just save so that if I see something I really really want I can buy it and I also save for the future for things like a house and a car (if I ever decide to drive). But currently I am planning to spend some of my savings on a fancy aquarium to go in my room for a treat to myself.


Your desert island essentials?

No funny business with me, none of this phone or make-up rubbish (Who's going to see you on a desert island?) just my boyfriend and food I can't live a day without seeing my boyfriend.


What's your skincare routine?

My skin care routine is pretty simple, put my make up on in the morning, remove it before bed with aqueous cream

What's your favourite highstreet store?

My favourite highstreet store has to be the place I work "Irregular Choice" even though it’s not really that high street as we only currently have 3 proper stores in England it is such a fun and happy store filled with lots of amazing shoes and clothes that I am incredibly enthusiastic about. We also have something for everyone no matter what age or style which I love, as it means you can have something special and different no matter who you are.


Top beauty tip?

My top beauty tip is a bit rubbish really, only wear foundation on occasions as most of the time it makes skin worse and blocks up your pores and just eat healthy foods and don't drink too much as toxins damage your body inside and out. 


Your favourite thing to eat?

I'm not sure really. I just love food. I will eat all most everything and as long as its cooked to perfection I'm sure I will love it.


Your favourite cocktail?  

I don't really drink often and haven't tried too many cocktails but my favourite so far is a pina colada as I absolutely love coconut and pineapple. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them