Tuesday, 30 October 2012

My Skincare Story | Part 3

This is part 3 to my skincare series, if you haven't already seen them here is part one and two.

In this part I want to follow on to what I had previously written about, I have been struggling with my skin for as long as I can remember. I have tried out numerous products to no avail, so I thought I would show you my current skincare routine.

skincare routine, stories of an english rose

These are the products that I am currently using. If you have read the previous parts to this series you will know that I had success with the Duac gel, and it helped clear my skin up a few years ago. I have been to the GP since my last post on skincare and have been re-prescribed this gel, which I apply to my skin after cleansing before I go to bed. 

I have tried lots of different methods to try and clear up my acne, although it does feel strange to call it that. Although I have had problems with my skin I know there are many people out there whose battle is far worse than mine, as I only have a mild case of acne. Different things work for different people, and cleansers and washes alone hadn't managed to help my skin. This gel works really well for me, but it has been a couple of years since I last used it and it took me a few days to get back into the swing of things and remember how it worked best for my skin. 

The first few nights I applied a decent amount to my skin, but I had forgotten how drying this stuff is. I was by no means using a lot but even a light application was causing my skin to flake and go quite red. It then came back to me that I was literally dipping the tip of my finger into the little bit of gel at the top of the tube and applying barely anything to my skin. I needed the smallest amount of this gel to do the job, and I have had it nearly 2 weeks now and it has helped my skin so much. My skin is slowly but surely clearing up, and I remember that with time the gel even faded the red scars that I had been left from previous breakouts, so hopefully that will happen again this time. 

In addition to the Duac gel, I am still using my No 7 hot cloth cleanser every morning and night. I really love this stuff and have reviewed it, as have many other bloggers who also think it's pretty good. I then follow this with a small amount of Olay moisturiser, as if I put too much on it can make my skin greasy but if I don't use any at all my skin can be dry! (I really can't win!) I have been using my N Spa eye cream on my eyes and lips, it leaves my eye area lovely and soft and I use it all the time on my lips as it sinks in so well. Once or twice a week I use my St Ives scrub, I used to use this every day but I don't feel the need to now as the muslin cloth I use when cleansing does the trick of exfoliating and keeping any flaky patches at bay.

So at the moment, I feel pretty happy with the products I am using. Hopefully the Duac will clear my skin completely and then I can concentrate on fighting those wrinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them