Tuesday, 16 October 2012

We Have a Lip Situation Here

I have a terrible habit, I just can't stop myself! I don't even know I'm doing it half the time. Yes, my name is Michelle and I am a lip chewer.

Funnily enough I only chew my bottom lip and I have tried to stop but I have done it since I was a child and it's ingrained in me, I even make my lips bleed sometimes. I didn't realise how much I did it until a couple of years ago someone mentioned it, and it became apparent that I do it whenever I'm bored, nervous or uncomfortable.

So now I will move onto the real reason for this post, not just to admit to my lip chewing addiction. Despite the fact that I mutilate my lips on a daily basis I do actually like to take care of them and hate having sore, dry lips, so I have a multitude of lips balms that I use. I find with lip balms, they are good at soothing your lips if they are sore, and are good for protecting them from the elements. But they don't necessarily supply enough moisture to them if they are dry, as the balm is so greasy it doesn't always sink into the skin, more just sits on top.

The other day I was browsing through the N Spa range, which I already loved thanks to their creme brulee, and hot fudge scented bubble baths (which are amazing, and I hope they do them again this Christmas) but they now do a facial skincare range as well. When I spotted their nourishing eye and lip treatment I was sold instantly! I figured that if it was for use on the eye area as well that it had to be a cream rather than a balm so I could add it to my lip balm stash without feeling guilty that I had bought yet another of the same product!



It comes in a little tube that you would normally get for eye gels/creams with the little dispenser nozzel, so you don't have to keep dipping your fingers into the product and transferring bacteria. The product itself is halfway between a gel and a cream and sinks into the skin really easily. It contains avocado and jojoba oils to moisturise and caffeine to diminish dark circles under the eyes.



I have been using it as a lip treatment more than on my eye area, as that was what I bought it for. I wanted something to really moisturise my lips, especially as it's getting colder and my lips always dry out more in the winter. It is fantastic for this, the light cream smooths onto your lips and sinks in within seconds, and leaves them feeling really soft. I find it works so much better than using a balm. I have it sitting next to my computer and apply it a few times throughout the day and then sometimes pop a little Vaseline on top to seal the moisture in. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out, as it works so well and only cost £3.

And for those you out there that like to know this info, the nourishing eye and lip treatment is paraben free and more importantly, not tested on animals.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them