Sunday, 18 August 2013

Fruity Pedicure

I have the day off and my toe nails were in need of painting as I managed to smudge my last pedi after putting shoes on too soon after polishing!

I wanted to do something summery because for some reason the last few days at work I have felt very autumn/winter and I have to keep reminding myself that it is still August.

I gathered together some bright nail bits and began a fruity little number : )

nail art, stories of an english rose


I grabbed Strawberry Margarita by OPI, I love this colour it's so bright and tropical, some NSI nail glitters in green and yellow, some fruit fimo canes and a striper (I didn't end up using this though)

I gave my nails a couple of coats of polish to get a nice even bright colour, I then sprinkled a little of the green and yellow glitter on the corner of my big toe nail where I was going to place the fruit slices. Lastly I arranged a couple of the fruit slices to the corner of the big toenails and capped it with some clear gel to keep it all in place. Instead of using gel you could use a good quality top coat and put on a couple of coats or else the fimo will come off too easily.

Voila, a simple fruity pedicure!

fruity nail art, stories of an english rose

Sorry it's not really close up, but to be honest I don't think anyone wants to see my feet in that much detail so I saved your eyes ; )

fruity nail art, stories of an english rose







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them