Monday, 4 November 2013

Cooking Up a Storm

I am gathering up my ingredients to make a vegetarian shepherds pie for dinner tonight. Shepherds pie is one of my all time favourite meals, so we will see how this veggie version measures up.

It has lots of healthy and tasty ingredients like lentils and beans, as well as using sweet potato and parsnip for the mash topping instead of just normal potato.

stories of an english rose

So I got myself set up in the kitchen with all of my ingredients and got started. The first thing I have to say about this recipe is that it involves a lo-ooooot of chopping. The leeks, carrots and mushrooms all have to be finely chopped, as does the garlic and the herbs. I am generally not a patient cook so this part of the recipe did bug me a little. 

It's quite a tasty dish, but I wasn't blown away by it, for me I felt that the flavour of Worcestershire sauce was quite strong and I'm not a massive fan of that. The sweet potato and parsnip mash on the other hand was so yummy.

stories of an english rose


Sorry this picture is so fuzzy, it was dark by the time is was cooked and I don't have great lighting indoors. If you are vegetarian, cutting down on meat or looking for some healthy meal ideas then this is worth a try. It is very filling and is full of fibre, just beware if you are not keen of Worcestershire sauce. 


This is a Lorraine Pascale recipe and if you would like to give it a whirl yourself here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them